Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mini Haul Revlon, Maybelline and Almay





Just a little haul from the local drugstore.

I've been looking for a bright deep purple eyeliner, and Almay produces this Intense i-colour in 01 Purple Ametrhyst. Tried it this am, and while I am uncertain as to it's coverage (didn't have foundation or base on), I think I am going to like it. It's definitely a lovely rich dark purple, so that's going to make me happy! Reasonably priced at $4.99 Cdn.

Saw this quad (Revlon Illuminance in Wild Orchid), and loved it only because it's purple tones! Lovelovelove my purples! I haven't tried it yet, but I did some research on it on YT, and found several reviews on this Revlon product. pinkiecharm
did an excellent review on it, and after listening to her tips on how to make the most of this quad, I shall be trying them out later today. I'll let you know what I think!

pinkiecharm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj5kymsxcrw&feature=related

Last but not least is Maybelline's 355 'Tinted Taupe' lipstick. I wore it over Aveda's 672 'Night Iris' Lip Shine. It's remarkably similar to the Lip Shine, went on smoothly, and despite having drunk a couple of beverages, it did not fade nor did it come off on the can or glass I was using. For $3.99 Cdn (on sale) I am happy so far with this product.

I am not a makeup snob. I think there are so many fantastic products out there, and I don't feel that I have to spend hundreds of dollars to look good. I do like MAC, Lancome and other top line brands, but I also like lower end priced products! If it works then it works and I don't personally care who makes it!

Anyway that's it for now ... Hope you're all having a nice day, and called your Mum to say Happy Mother's Day and your friends who aren't mothers cause we count too! Some of us don't have children for whatever reasons, but it doesn't stop us from nurturing children in our lives, even if some are now adults! :)

oxox
Care

No comments:

Post a Comment